Company history

History

1923

Foundation

In 1923 the company is founded as SA (Société Anonyme) by Willy Oehme in Vevey in Switzerland. At that time the range of products is limited to the Creme Lorito, a universal cleaning agent for the “housewife” to clean, polish and disinfect wood, leather, linoleum and other types of solid surfaces.

1970s

Production site in Wendelstein

In 1970 Otto Oehme takes the firm and opens a production site in Wendelstein near Nuremberg.

Company’s anniversary

1973 the company has its 50th anniversary.

1990s

New site

In 1998 the company moves to the current premises in Allersberg that house management as well as production.

Schwestergesellschaften

For better market coverage further associated companies are founded in Berlin, Brunswick, Hanover, Leipzig and Frankfurt.

2000s

Erweiterung der Geschäftsführung

To maintain the continued existence of the company Ulla Oehme and Klaus Krisch join management in 2003.

Expansion

In 2005 the company expands and multiple foreign subsidiaries are founded – at the moment the Otto Oehme GmbH is represented in more than 20 countries.

85th anniversary

In 2008 the company has its 85th anniversary.

Ulla Oehme new owner

In 2010 Ulla Oehme takes over some company shares and is now an owner of the company as well – in the third generation by now.